I have two of them and neither took over 3 hours to format.  I noticed that
they had accepted the auto update of Vista, which was pretty dumb of them in
the first place, and that appears to be what caused their problem.  I
replaced 2 WD 500GB drives with these, and while I thought they were very
quiet, I am very pleased at the fact that it's now just about silent.  They
also appear to run about 10 degrees F cooler.

Brian