On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:23:45 -0800, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Skip Robinson wrote:
>> Here's the problem. IFASMFDL does most of what IFASMFDP does (and more),
>> but what it *doesn't* do is clear out the dumped SMF data.
>
>You might recall, during a certain period of singing and drinking in
>which you were present, this issue being pointed out to Mr. Jones as he
>presented this (then) new function. It was also brought up each  time
>Mr. Jones presented at a certain TDM I regularly attend. Notes were
>taken. But, each new iteration of the presentation seemed to confirm
>that no change was ever made. Now that it's GA, perhaps someone will
>take an APAR?

It's been GA a long time now.   I got the impression that an APAR would
not be taken and the enhancements would have to wait for the next release.
If an APAR was taken, it would be closed FIN. :-)  So this will give some
extra selling points to z/OS 1.10.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden