On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:22:34 -0600, Paul [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>BTW, is there a new format of Publibz?  Suddenly, I seem to
>be required to display a shelf list before I can filter for
>a string in a publication title.  This could be undesirable
>on a slow connection.  I'll have to see whether I get used
>to it.

IBM changed some internal tools and the templates used for developing IBM
web pages, and the library maintainer found that his automated tools for
maintaing the library pages would not work any more.  In addition, the
library has enough pages that he could not maintain them manually.  Removing
the ability to search for books by title before displaying the list allowed
continued use of the automated tools, so that's the approach he took.

He has now figured out another design for the library web pages that allowed
a reasonable way to maintain them, and still allows the title search
function to work.  The new pages are live now, and you can find them in the
same place.  They have a different format, but the function works well, in
my opinion.

For z/OS R9, see http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/v1r9books.html

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP