On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:40:55 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>>However we would like to understand whether the home directory is always
>>derived directly from a RACF userid
>
>Yes.

But various utilities/applications/services can't be relied on not
to do a [getuid() followed by a] getpwuid(), in which case the result
is less predictable; perhaps the value in a cached OMVS segment.
Walt F. long ago discussed making it always the content of the least
recently updated OMVS segment for the given UID.  I don't know
whether it ever came to pass.  (I suggested most recently updated
for flexibility: you could select a segment simply by touching it;
Walt disagreed.)

-- gil