<Snipped>
> Another valid question you ask is how to validate the results. I have
> favorite of mine, which is to run five interleaved runs of both the
old
> program (before changes) and the new program (after changes),
preferably
> during a quiet time on the machine, if you have any. I try to avoid
> running under VM or on an LPAR which does not have dedicated physical
> processors, but sometimes that is unavoidable. I then throw out the
high
> and low of each run, and take the means of the remaining data points
> from the joblogs, both TCB and SRB. This has usually proven to be a
> reliable method.

Thanks for that technique, it seems like a reasonable approach to use.

I have no idea if the development LPAR has dedicated processors or not,
but whether it does or not it's the only one I've got.

"Quiet times" are like round tuits -- and those bad boys are very scarce
everywhere... :)

Thanks again for the testing idea.

Peter
and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.