On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:07:06 -0600, Richard Peurifoy <r-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>gaa a. gamal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>           WHEN ISSUING  VARY OBEY COMMAND, IT FAILED WITH THE
>> FOLLOWING ERROR:
>>
>> V TCPIP,,O,DSN=TCPIP.TCPPARMS(PROFILE)
>>
>> EZZ0060I PROCESSING COMMAND: VARY TCPIP,,O,DSN=TCPIP.TCPPARMS
>> (PROFILE)
>>
>> EZZ0661I FOPEN() FOR PROFILE 'TCPIP.TCPPARMS(PROFILE)' FAILED:
>>  61/053B006C, EDC5061I AN ERROR OCCURRED WHEN ATTEMPTING TO
DEFINE
>> A FILE TO THE SYSTEM.
>>
>> EZZ0305I CANNOT OPEN FILE TCPIP.TCPPARMS(PROFILE)
>>
>> EZZ0059I VARY OBEY COMMAND FAILED: SEE PREVIOUS MESSAGES
>>
>>    I check the DNS and the file its ok , and if  re-IPL the system it
works ,but
>> after some time the problem  back again, Please help.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> GAMAL
>
>This doesn't seem to have gone thru the first time, sorry if you
>get it twice.
>
>My guess is that you have the file allocated to something else
>such as TSO edit. I tried to obey a file that was in use and
>got this same message.
>
>Try issuing:
>
>D GRS,C,ENQ,RES=(SYSDSN,TCPIP.TCPPARMS)
>
>and see if something has it exclisive.
>
>--
>Richard

     Thank you all,
Richard, I have issuing  GRS,C,ENQ,RES=(SYSDSN,TCPIP.TCPPARMS)
it gives :
-NO ENQ RESOURCE CONTENTION EXISTS
-I create the profile file in the system PROCLIB which has the TCPIP procedure
and issuing OBEY command it gives the same error !
-I try also  ...CMD=O,DNS=...(profile) and  ...O,...(profile)  the same error

-Trying the entire profile and the changes only …    Same error

-Pat Mihalec, how can I put a lock on the file that the obey command is
reading from?

-after some searching in IBM site, it tell me that the error in the FOPEN()
function in the RUNTIME library ! how can I verify that? ??

THANKS

GAMAL