From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of GAVIN Darren * OPS EAS
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 11:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Two COBOL questions

You can pass the File-Name itself on a call to a subprogram, and this will
expose the FCB to the subprogram, however I would guess this is protected
storage and wouldn't let the program change any of the values.

As it doesn't expose the DCB I don't think you could use this to dynamically
change the DD and Dataset around, even if the FCB is alterable.  To be
honest I haven't played around with this; just know that it's available in
the later releases of COBOL.

Darren