-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Why isn't OMVS command integrated with ISPF?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:15:35 +0100, Lindy Mayfield wrote:

>I was just amazed when I was in 3.4 and I had a list of all my datasets

>based on the first HLQ of my userid and hit PF11.  We've recently
>installed z/OS 1.9.
>
>Admittedly I'm easily amused, but I'd give this a coolness factor of
>3.01296 out of PI.
>
>(If you don't have 1.9 yet, a window pops up with a progress bar that
>moves from 0 - 100 percent.)

I did this quite by accident this afternoon -- bad finger fumble.
And I watched while the progress bar began to creep across the window
with aching slowness.  Curses!  But wait; there appears to be an escape:
the key legend at the bottom of the popup says,
"PF12 - Cancel".  I press PF12.  Nothing happens.  But I've learned to
deal with these silly-assed 3270 terminals.  I press RESET.
<SNIP>

Did you try <ATTN> or <PA1>?

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --