-----------------<snip>--------------

Besides re-allocating the dsn what else should I do to I tackle this problem?
Current Allocation Allocated tracks . : 5,000 Allocated extents . : 16 Maximum dir. blocks : 400 Current Utilization Used tracks . . . . : 1,643 Used extents . . . : 3 Used dir. blocks . : 25 Number of members . : 425 Am I intepreting something wrong? It shows that the dsn was using 1,643 tracks even though it allocated 5,000 trakcs. How should I fix the discrepancy between the "Current Allocation" and "Current Utilization"
Why do you consider it a "discrepancy"?

Lots of PDS's have some unused space; taking another extent is an expensive process, even with SMS management.