I have been asked to provide a software tool capable of sending "whatever"
documents, reports or just strings of text to one among a variety of SNA
printer types defined in VTAM.

The purpose it to have a tool to help isolate printing problems arising from
often very subtle inconsistencies among various SNA printer emulations.

Before I start writing a VTAM appl from scratch I'd like to know if I'm about
reinvent the wheel. Searching this forum, the CBTTAPE and Google is
inconclusive. Either there is nothing to be found or I am using the wrong
search criteria.

Perhaps there is indeed nothing but you might know about some Assembler
source code (OS/390, z/OS 1.4 level) in the public domain (or in your hands),
containing a lot of VTAM error handling code, I could use as a base.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas F. Geissbuehler
AFG Consultants Inc.
http://www.afgc-inc.com/