In bit.listserv.ibm-main, Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
> - I would need a good newsgroup for Linux questions
> - Can we start zLinux under VM without IFL processors ?

Others have answered these two, but I didn't see any address this one:

> - Where can I found the IPL  wait state codes for zLinux ?

The codes are the instruction addresses of the callers of routines
that caused the disabled wait.  So they're not consistent codes, but
rather depend on (and identify) where the panic, unrecoverable machine
check, etc., occurred.

For most distributions, the System.map file in /boot corresponding to
the running kernel (uname -r prints the version number) will be
suitable for locating the name of the function in which the wait or
panic was triggered (assuming it was not initiated inside a loadable
module).

HTH,
N.