If we see that the time is far enough off we will reset the local clock
time, but we have only been setting the time when Daylight/Standard time
changes.

Because the TOD clock on mainframes loses seconds over a period of time
the clock needs to be reset. Without the use of a SYSPLEX Timer what are
you doing to reset the time?

Do you reset the time on the HMC and do a POR? If so how often?

Set the time when you IPL?

Reset the local clock time which would then be out of sync with the UTC
time?

Bob