-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Replacement for CA - TPX - Session Manager?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:30:44 -0600 Todd Blandford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with replacing the CA's
TPX :>with a different session manager?

Why are you still using a session manager? A lot of green screens?
<SNIP>

Actually, I have purple screens and blue screens and black screens. I
haven't had a green screen since the TN3270 software allowed me to
change all the colors to what I like. [BTW - all those other platforms
were still monochrome when 3270 was color, so why do we call 3270
interfaces "green screen"?]

I use a session manager for a reason given by someone else: If the
connections die, if Windoze freezes/BSOD, I don't lose what I'm working
on. I just log back into the session manager and there are all my logons
running just as I got dropped from them.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --