Thanks Phil,

  I like the following "Users will no longer give up memory for HSA (hardware
storage area)". I was crowing about this when the z800/z900's came out and was
told we would need to allocate 1GB of 8GB's for HSA.

Phil Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Going to be more fun, I suspect, than many realise.

There are n new instructions? Some have mentioned 50.

Will it still be 'z/Architecture'?

z/Architecture is the subject of litigation - does IBM wish to include the new
stuff in that -
changing the effective meaning of the expression halfway through a lawsuit?

Or, indeed, _can_ they? Some think not. There are those who believe that any
extension of
z/Architecture (which this will de facto be) could invalidate at least one and
possibly two of
the main planks in IBM's case against PSI.

There is a LOT going on behind the scenes.

Another z10 source:

http://topgun-tech.com/resource-center/zseries-library/articles/marketplace-trends-ibm-zseries

And you may care to check out the definition of NDA at
http://www.isham-research.co.uk/dd.html

--
Phil Payne
http://www.isham-research.co.uk