<forehead slap>  Adding to the list of stuff I should have, but didn't,
think about before opening my mouth.  Those who know me can imagine the
length of -that- list!  :-)

Cheers,,,Steve

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division
Computer & Network Operations
Phone:   (703) 450-3156
Fax:        (703) 450-3197

   Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
   02/22/2008 12:21 PM
   Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: ZOS Upgrade Issue

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:39:01 -0600, Michael Saraco
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have worked on numerous systems that never had SYSALLDA setup in HCD or
>ALLOCxx and never had a problem running TSO BATCH. The default for
generic
>for DASD is 3390 that has no ESOTERIC assigned to it.
>I tired a Randy's job on Zos14 and a Zos17 and it ran fine without any
>SYSALLDA in esotrics or a ALLOCxx and without adding the unit to the JCL.

SYSALLDA is a system defined ESOTERIC for DASD and is always present.
You don't need to define in in HCD.  That is why almost all my JCL uses
it and didn't need to change when moving from shop to shop or from
3380 to 3390.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden