Hi Ron:

I dumped a CA split on our system and the "old" CIs that were moved to  the
new CA were cleared to low values in the original CA formatted with  the
appropriate CIDF.  So,I believe that these empty CIs will occupy  space in the
disk
cache as they are written by VSAM.  Based on the  issue you raised that the
hardware vendor recognizes the sequential bias in  the command, do the
pre-formatted CIs get read into the cache as the  hardware tries to anticipate
the data
required when reading the file  sequentially?

Regards,
Gene

In a message dated 2/21/2008 3:18:10 A.M. SA Western Standard Time,