-----------------------<snip>---------------------
My advice in another message about letting the system do the checking still stands.
I strongly agree.

Consider that a potential customer may WANT all the logging he can get, possibly weeding out dishonest employees, or at least preventing them from doing damage and revealing their presence. Other shops, like the ones I've been involved with, may want their own complete control. And auditors LOVE audit trails, the more complete the better.