I coulda swore that I saw a thread about printing or handling PDFs on one of
these lists, but I can't find it now.  But someone may find this use of
Kirk's baby interesting and useful.

ZPDFSEND - An application that converts a z/OS FCFC print file to a PDF file
and emails the PDF file

http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/TD104449

Abstract: This Techdoc provides two Java programs and sample JCL to run the
programs using the JZOS Java batch launcher. The first program, Zpdf.java,
converts ANS FCFC (American National Standard first-character forms-control)
print files to PDF files. The second program, Zmail.java, emails a USS file
(such as the PDF file created by Zpdf.java) using SMTP. The two Java
programs can be used together or independently. The ZPDFSEND file contains a
batch job that runs the Zpdf and Zmail programs using the JZOS batch launcher.

As with any Java program running on a z/OS system, Zpdf.java and Zmail.java
will run on a zAAP processor if one is present on the system

Aaron