On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:44:22 -0600, Tom Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:25:13 -0500, J R wrote:
>
>>"A new virtual storage area, the High Common Storage Area (HCSA), is
>defined."
>>
>>Did they really call it that?  Or, did they mean to say, "High Common
>*Service* Area"?

I know I've heard many people refer to the "S" in CSA as storage.  So
I think using "storage" makes more sense now.

>>> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:53:36 -0600
>>> From: mark.zelden
>>>
>>> HCSA - because 510T of shared storage is not enough. :-)
>>>

>Yeahbut... what happened to 'Grande' in the naming scheme?

The Grande scheme is for 64-bit instructions.  The "H" in HVSHARE also
stands for "High".

Oh... b4 the pedantry starts: yes, I know HVSHARE can go up to 1 exabyte.
510 terabytes is just the default.

On another preview note:  I (still) don't see anything about the removal of
support for opening VSAM data sets with IMBED or REPLICATE.  The only
mention is how VSAM data sets with IMBED (and KEYRANGE) relate
to Extended Address Volumes (EAVs).    I really wish IBM would at least
commit to a date / release already so I can get the "dasd geeks" to
really take some action on this issue.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden