At 12:07 AM 2/27/2008, you wrote:
Actually, I worry becuase there are no competitors in the market, why IBM

Whoa! No Competitors! Only if you define "the market" in a very narrow way. Surely "the market" has plenty of alternate suppliers, all eager to move our applications off the remaining few thousand z/OS sites and on to their particular systems offerings. A candidate for the most-reprised refrain on IBM-MAIN is surely "migration off the mainframe"! Even other parts of IBM are eager to cannibalise the z/OS market place to boost sales of their iServer / pSserver .. whatever boxes. In the last 12 months I've seen a couple of IBM-MAIN posts from Chris Craddock (15th May 2007 & 3rd Feb 2008) , for example, pointing out that there are very technically capable and cost-effective, alternatives to the z/.. systems being pushed vigorously by big players. Also, "the market" is not homogeneous, some need and exploit every tricky facility that z/.. provides, while further along the spectrum there are plenty who are less sophisticated and less demanding who might be easily moved. At a glance I like what I see, but it's not "too soon" by any means given that the tide seems to be mostly ebbing these days. It will probably take some puff out of the sails of anyone agitating for a migration to non-z/. (sorry for all the nautica, but I'd love a week at the beach!).

Regards to all,
Graeme