I have a problem getting a local hosts table being used .

I generated a local host table with the MAKESITE command.
It generated datasets TCPIP.HOSTS.xxxxINFO datasets.

Settings in TCPDATA (member):
DATASETPREFIX=TCPIP
LOOKUP DNS LOCAL

When in TSO I try to PING a hostname only known in the local hosts table I get
"unknown host"
Using the TESTSITE command the name is resolved.

I put on TRACE RESOLVER in TCPDATA.
The trace output tells me:
res_init Resolver values:
 Global Tcp/Ip Dataset  = None
 Default Tcp/Ip Dataset = None
 Local Tcp/Ip Dataset   = SYS1.TCPPARMS(TCPDATA)
 Translation Table      = TCPIP.STANDARD.TCPXLBIN
 UserId/JobName         = BAKKERG
 Caller API             = TCP/IP Sockets Extended
 Caller Mode            = EBCDIC
 (L) DataSetPrefix = TCPIP
 (L) HostName      = XAT3
 (L) TcpIpJobName  = TCPIP
 (L) DomainOrigin  = rf.rabobank.nl
 (L) NameServer    = xxx.xx.xxx.10
                     xxx.xx.xxx.11
                     xxx.xx.xxx.10
                     xxx.xx.xxx.11
 (*) NsPortAddr    = 53            (L) ResolverTimeout    = 5
 (L) ResolveVia    = UDP           (L) ResolverUdpRetries = 1
 (*) Options NDots = 1
 (L) Trace Resolver                (*) SockNoTestStor
 (*) AlwaysWto     = NO            (L) MessageCase        = MIXED
 (L) LookUp        = DNS LOCAL

After it tries to resolve the name through the DNS's there is the nessage:

GetAddrInfo Searching Local Tables for IPv4 Address
 Unable to find any local host table

I must be missing something simple.
Any idea's what I am doing wrong ?

Gerrit Bakker