I have already sent this information to comp.lang.cobol and to the SHARE
LNGC project, but I thought there MIGHT be some within IBM-MAIN who would
also be interested (and interested enough to actually do something about
this).

"William M. Klein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> I just received the following note.  Please act on it (or ignore it) as
you see
> best,
>
>    ***
> To: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG 4, Programming language COBOL
> INCITS/J4, Technical Committee COBOL
>
> COBOL working draft 1.10, in zipped PDF format, is available for download
from
> the WG4 website: http://www.cobolstandard.info/wg4/document.html (WD
1.10). I
> will send this document to SC22 for concurrent Committee Draft (CD)
registration
> and CD ballot.
>
> I decided not to hold up the concurrent CD registration and CD ballot for
> resolution of certain details; you can see these in Annex G, Open Issues.
Please
> send comments on these issues, along with any other comments.
>
> Anyone can send comments directly to INCITS/J4
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) for
> consideration in development of the U.S. position on the CD ballot. You
should
> also send your comments to your national body for development of your
country's
> position.
>
> This is the first committee draft, which is usually considered to be a
rough
> draft. Comments on the overall feature content as well as comments on
> specification details will be helpful. The next planned ballot is a Final
CD