On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:38:53 -0600, Chase, John wrote:

>> I believe that the information is being given out under a
>> license agreement at no or nominal charge (not positive about this).
>
>It seems illogical to require a license to *write* code to use an
>existing API, but *not* require the same (or similar) license to *run*
>code already written to use that API.

There's precedent for requiring a higher license for use of the
authoring tools than for using their product.  For example, a
separate license is needed for the C compiler, but, since LE, the
code the compiler produces can be run on the base OS.

Does the license agreement require NDA?  This would amount to
roping ISVs who use it into IBM's OCO corral.

-- gil