Kees,

>I am not sure who Hiperpavs react on ASM I/O, but currently ASM
>*reserves* PAV exposures with WLM, so ASM will never be bothered by PAV
>management issues, which could result in undesired bad ASM performance.

My recollection of HiperPAV presentations is fuzzy, but as far as I remember,
it is done completely in hardware, and the 'alias' is assigned for exactly one
I/O operation, in hardware. So there is no 'reservation' of aliases needed
anymore, they get shifted around in hardware depending on load to a volume. I
have forgotten if several UCBs are needed in MVS, but I don't think so. I
remember HiperPAV being presented as the best thing since sliced bread! :-)

Regards, Barbara
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free