Dave Myers wrote:
> What is the best way to separate datasets within a storage group.
>
> Applications  want  3 datasets  A.B.**   to always be allocated on
> different packs
> than 3 datasets  A.C.**
>
> These are small files, and I hate to waste an entire volume to create
> another STG GROUP...
> just to isolate them...
>

> Thanks,
> Dave

Assign them a storage class with the guaranteed space attribute and let
applications specify the volumes they want the datasets on.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present.
The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to
the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in
spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will
light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation.

Abraham Lincoln