Walt,

>True, but a -user- does not convert from SDSF security to RACF. The system
>programmer does that, and he does not do it by reading a user manual, but
>rather by reading the boo,k intended for system programmers, SDSF
>Operations and Customization.

my bad. I think that SDSF Operations and Customization is the *only* SDSF book
that still gets updated and is still around (plus was mentioned in other posts
with a different suffix) so that I didn't realize that 'SDSF User Manual' was
actually the name of a book way back when.

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that operations and customization is
insufficient for the conversion, just that I had looked at that in the past and
was overwhelmed with
a) the stuff that would need to be done and
b) the 'political' stuff in the installation (meaning to find someone who can
say if an sdsf permission is really needed for a group or not) to actually *do*
the conversion.
(You can tell by that that I am more or less tasked with doing the conversion
:-) )

Best regards, Barbara