Set up an NJE link between the 2 LPARs?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gilbert Cardenas
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] Transfer reports from lpar to lpar

Hello all, I am looking for ideas on ways to transfer reports/sysouts
from one
JES2 spool on one lpar to another lpar.

The current method I am using is to use a JES offload dataset to offload
the
report(s) and then reload them on the other lpar.  This works okay but
I'm looking for an automated way to do this so I don't have to get
involved in the process.

We also have a VPS printer defined that takes any report in a certain
dest and then LPRs them to another lpar but this doesn't work very well
because oftentimes the format of the original report is not correct and
this method also breaks up the print files into separate print streams
so DJDE print records get separated from the original report and
printing is incorrect.

I don't know much about external writers or even sapi but as long as it
is not too complicated and freeware, I'm willing to look into something
like that or other methods???

Any feedback appreciated,
Gil.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html