We have a similar issue in our shop.  The midrange area wants tapeless.  the
Mainframe side TAPE.

We have a VTS and ATL.  We use the product DRVI to stack the VTS Tape backups
to an real tape and ship it offsite for DR purposes.  Tape is cheap.  tape can
survive years in a dusty hole and still be usable.  You can encrypt it.  You
can send it where it needs to go when it is needed.

Or you can pay a DR site to have a tapeless solution there in case you need it.
 You just have to figure out how much you want to pay for a disaster.

The only thought I have is:  If you have a tapeless solution how do you get
your data to DR site should your primary site fail?

Lizette