On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:21:25 -0600, Miller, Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I need to exchange files with an agency that uses sftp and SSH-2.  From
looking at the archives and the TCP/IP Implementation red book (vol 2, std
apps), I am unclear whether I can use ftps and AT-TLS or am stuck with sftp.

sftp is not at all related to ftp.  It is an entirely different protocol,
part of SSH or OpenSSH processing.

Their agency might also support ftps, but you'd have to ask them.
Alternatively you can install the IBM Ported Tools for z/OS as Richard
mentioned, which will give you an OpenSSH implementation on z/OS, and that
will give you the ability to use sftp.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/unix/port_tools.html

For discussion of OpenSSH on z/OS I suggest using the MVS-OE mailing list
rather than IBM-MAIN.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design