I'm not familiar with the specific patents in question, but it should be
obvious by now that nearly all software patents are either stupid, obvious
or both.   Big companies that hold huge portfolios of these stupid things
trade them with other big companies to the net effect of building legal
barriers that prevent small companies from building and selling software.
The end consumer pays more for crappy software while the lawyers clean up.

Google your favorite software company and read some of their ridiculous
patents for yourself.
Here's a stupid one:  http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6981278.html

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies LLC