We are currently running our initial production system as a basic
sysplex, with only one member. The second member is a totally new system
which is not currently running (not IPL'ed). Remember that what we are
doing is splitting our single system into two separate systems, in a
basic sysplex. When we are finished, our current system will run only
Production work and the new "Development" system will run all other
(Development, Test, Q&A) work. So we are not at "stage 1", which is
running everything on one system, but running that system as a sysplex
and not a MONOPLEX. Supposedly after Easter, we will bring up our system
system (Development) and have the programmers test on it to be sure that
they can do everything on it that they can on the current system (I.e.
that the change is "transparent").

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.