Mark Zelden wrote:
I like when IBM (and other vendors) give you better documentation or better ways to view it. I don't like having things taken away.

In the past, IYO came in several formats: BookManger, AFP and in readable
text in the orderhlq.SCPPLENU data set as member LIST1403.

Does it bother anyone else that the orderhlq.SCPPLENU only contains a PDF version now that you have to transfer to your workstation to read? Was it removed to save 100 tracks of DASD? I often reference this
document during the life of an OS at my shop and even when it is
gone at times.  The easiest place to find it and view it is (was) on z/OS.

I heard a story at SHARE in Orlando that some books have "broken" the BookManager BUILD process and there's nobody at IBM whose job it is (or who knows how to) fix it. At least, that's the story I heard about why they're having so much trouble putting out the POO in BookManager format.

When used with Library Server, BookManager format allows viewing a manual -- topic by topic -- via a web browser ... far preferable to downloading a multi-megabyte PDF document every time you want to look something up.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc