On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:06:57 -0700, Schwarz, Barry A
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>ADRDSSU used to have problems copying HFS datasets (the workaround was
>DUMP/RESTORE in place of COPY).  I don't know if it still does.  I have
>never successfully copied a spool dataset and always had to reformat.  I
>never tried to copy a page dataset since it was always easier just to
>allocate a new one.

We routinely use FDR to copy HFS datasets in our migration/clone process,
but dss works just as well.  Use LOGICAL instead of PHYSICAL copy so that
dss issues a QUIESCE for an open (mounted) filesystem.  For FDR, specify
HFS=QUIESCE.  Otherwise, if the HFS is mounted R/W, you almost certainly
will have a corrupt copy.

Regards,
Art Gutowski
Ford Motor Co.