On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:34:21 -0400, Jack Kelly
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I tried to send this issue to IBM but they think that it's a question
>rather than a problem, so I'll try here.
>Trying to use DCOLLECT to ensure that all ML2 data has a backup. In
>general the UMLBKDT field (DCOLLECT ML2 backup date)indicates if a backup
>has been done (as long as it's not empty, been opened, is SMS, etc). I do
>have a couple of dsn that have zero UMLBKDT but a valid backup exists
>(from HLIST and the B record in DCOLLECT).
>Has anyone else seen this or know what I have missed or does IBM just need
>the money (we don't have Q&A support)?
>Thanks...Jack
>

>Jack Kelly
>202-502-2390 (Office)

For a client I support, I found 22 instances, those being ML2-migrated
datasets, where the "M" record UMLBKDT has no date/time but the
associated "B" record field UBBDATE has a valid date/time.  I have not
determined if any of these datasets were deleted, and then re-allocated, or
some other circumstances that would justify the condition, as you reported.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.