Werner Kuehnel wrote:
We're currently trying to generate XML output by a EntCOB program. Generally it works, however we couldn't yet manage to create the structure of <var id="..." v="......."/> in the following example:

Werner Kuehnel
Spezialist in der Abteilung Betrieb/Support

Werner,

You need to be at Enterprise COBOL V4R1; if you have
this version of the compiler, and compile with option
XMLPARSE(XMLSS), you can add the WITH ATTRIBUTES phrase
to your XML GENERATE statement; in this case, data items
that belong to a group are emitted as attributes of the
group they belong to. So if your COBOL structure was
something like this:

.
.
.
02 var.
   03 id pic x(9).
   03 v  pic x(10)
.
.
.

under the conditions I detailed above might solve your
problem. Let me know.

<ad>
Our 2-day class "Enterprise COBOL Update II: Unicode
and XML Support" has been updated to include the
V4R1 level of the Enterprise COBOL compiler. Details at:

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/COBOL_Courses/d705descr.htm

</ad>

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> call or email to receive a free sample student handout <==