On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:20:24 -0500, Kirk Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>....  IBM needs to transition from
>worrying about protecting z/OS source code to worrying that
>nobody will want  to see it.

One of IBM's originally stated reasons for moving to OCO was to
help stop overburdening support teams with PMRs for "bugs" that
were actually code that was poorly modified by customers.  I don't
know if that was every actually much of a problem, but it certainly
would be now with IBM's reduced support staff.

I've always felt that one of the worst parts of the OCO move was
elimination of PLM.   IBM could have continued providing them and
still achieved everything they claimed OCO was supposed to do.

>PS> A sore point with me is always "submit a requirement", but that's
>another topic.

Sometimes  that's just a put-off, but sometimes it's an real request;
they need to show justification for working on something.

Pat O'Keefe