Hi,

I'm looking for the fastest way in assembler to translate data in one buffer
to another using a 256-byte translate table.
The TR instruction is only up to 256 bytes, and I can't figure out if one of
the newer instructions is a replacement for arbitrary length translations,
or if the best approach is just to loop for 256 byte chunks.  The average
length transaction is almost certainly less than 256 bytes.

Any advise on the fastest instruction path to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies