Yes,.. That's what we were told also,.. But Cache is shared and I
believe internal processors supporting the spinning disk  whether
Mainframe or Open Systems is shared.

.. The Unix Side of the DMX-3 'DID' effect the mainframe storage. Soon
after, there was a 'fix' applied to the EMC Code.

(not complaining about EMC Disk.  It has serviced us well)
gabe