From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Tom Eden
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: CA VTAPE

Does anyone have comments about CA VTAPE?  I did some archive searches
and got some hits from 2005.  I was wondering if there are any more recent
experiences.  I am probably most curious about CPU consumption.  One of the
2005 post talked about a 15% hit on a Z890.  There was a response to turn
off compression for the DASD Cache.  The original poster thought that they
already had done so, but I did not see a follow-up post that said whether
that
was true or not.