>From the deep dark mists of time <G>

IIRC, the tuning methodology is to issue D NET,BFRUSE at periodic
intervals and adjust the settings in ATCSTRxx accordingly so that buffer
expansion/contraction is minimal.

There were many tricks with the SNA definitions that have probably been
committed to paper/redbooks/manuals in the past regarding the flow of
data through the SNA network.

Search IBM LINK with keywords VTAM, PERFORMANCE and you will most likely
get several hits. Information apars IIxxxxx are especially helpful.
Googleing with the same keywords turned up 47000 hits.

HTH,

<snip>
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone new of a good manual that would
help in tuning vtam buffers under z/os 1.7 I have looked at SC31-8777
and this gives some information, but I was wondering if there was a
redbook(I have searched redbooks and couldn't find one) or some other
paper available that explains it a little better. Any help appreciated.
</snip>

  • Vtam Tuning Ward, Mike S
    • Re: Vtam Tuning Staller, Allan