Not that I had any real interest but your ignorance in the mainframe
architecture would certainly eliminate any intention I could ever have of
running your product.  If you knew more about the design and what protects the
mainframe you would know why most (if not all) hacks wouldn't work in a
properly configured system.  Also, your lack of this knowledge scares me away
from your product so fast I need the speed of the itnternet to get away.

Also, I think this has been said already but could you please stop discussing
your product, I really don't want all the vendors to start using this forum to
showcase their wares.  You as a software developer are attempting to be a
vendor so play buy the same rules most of them play by (and yes, I can filter
you out but I don't want to filter out those that are replying to you and
without doing that I still have your noise coming into my system)!

I have nothing (much anyway) against Windows and I don't want to start the
'open system' definition war again but Windows is not open unless using generic
HBA's and related protocol and accessing FBA disk are your criteria.  I am hard
pressed to think of an environment the Mainframe CAN'T play in (many aren't the
best place, but that's different than CAN'T).  Modern z/OS can do web services,
connect to the internet, host websites, run C, JAVA, COBOL, Assembler, PL/I,
perl (and on and on) it has an integrated UNIX component.  What exactly can
Windows do besides run Windows programs that z/OS CAN'T again?  Now if you use
'Open Source' as your criteria, z/OS is more open than Windows, I can't get to
much source but I can at least get to some of the source for exits and such,
what source do you have for the Windows operating system?

One word of advice, it isn't a good practice to poke your customers in the eye
and it is even worse to show your ignorance of their environment when trying to
get them to purchase your product.

Regards,
Greg

---- shai hess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
> > There is a BIG difference between a PC and an x86 server class
> machine.  You seem to be unaware of the knowledge and attitude of your
> audience.  Your recent >comments have made me reconsider the minor interest
> I had in your product.  I don't think I would touch it now with a ten foot
> pole.

  Scot,

 You right, PC is not a good name, better to say that my product using
MS DOT NET to implement the open system side. I find it easy to use the PC
nick name to mean a cheap open host. But today the DOT NET is supported
in Windows and in Linux (I think also in Unix). As I said, even MF with
Linux may be able to run my software.

  About your mention that you do not like my software, that is your right.

Thanks,