In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 04/02/2008
   at 04:35 AM, Sascha Weng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I have a programm written in Cobol which runs monthly on a z/Os-System.
>The  programm reads inputrecords and writes them in a database (DB2) and
>in  different outputfiles. It consumes nearly the same numbers of input
>records  every month. I wonder now, why there are so great differences in
>the  consumed cpu-time.

First, you should expect significant variations in SRB time just from
differences in system load.

Second, the number of records may not be a reliable guide to how much work
your job has to do. Is the average record length subject to variation from
run to run? Are there differences in compression or encryption
requirements? Is there processing that is only done in specific calendar
periods? Has the program been changed to accommodate regulatory changes?