Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:52:31 -0700, Lionel B Dyck wrote:

Raymond wrote:

SITE JESLrecl=xxx  where xxx can be 1 - 254. This specifically sets the
LRECL for the JES internal reader.

I didn't know that option existed but it does and it WORKS ! ! ! !

But beware!  JES3 only!  The facility is woefully broken on JES2.
It was briefly repaired over a decade ago by OW10527, then re-broken
a few months later by OW16674 apparently at the request of customers
who preferred compatibility with the historic JES2 misbehavior over
compatibility with the correct JES3 behavior.

I complained intensely enough that IBM disclosed to me a secret
command that re-enables the correct behavior.  I've tested it lately;
it still worked.  But IBM chooses not to document it.

IIRC, JES3 supports an LRECL for SYSIN up to 32K!

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc