On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:05:36 +0200, Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3) wrote:

>>//SYSEXEC  DD  DISP=(OLD,PASS),DSN=&&SYSEXEC
>
>Trying the &, I get:
>       IEFC620I UNIDENTIFIABLE CHARACTER a ON THE DD STATEMENT
>       IEFC620I UNIDENTIFIABLE CHARACTER m ON THE DD STATEMENT
>       IEFC620I UNIDENTIFIABLE CHARACTER p ON THE DD STATEMENT
>       IEFC620I UNIDENTIFIABLE CHARACTER ; ON THE DD STATEMENT
>
>What's the secret here?

<SIGH> Broken LISTSERV. </SIGH>  I had coded two-ampersands-followed
-by-SYSEXEC ("&&amp;SYSEXEC"), which escaping to HTML entities should
convert to "&amp;&amp;SYSEXEC" (who knows how this will appear on
the LISTSERV?)  Instead, the raw HTML shows: "&amp;&amp;amp;SYSEXEC".
Apparently two consecutive ampersands overstress its tiny mind.

Can this be reported to L-Soft?

-- gil