Hi:

My current client needs an upgrade from DB2 v7 to DB2 v8, and soon. Having not
done one before, I am not sure if it's just another SMP/E install with all the
attendant PARMLIB, PROCLIB, PPT, etc. updates that can be handled following a
documented installation process or if it's something that needs a DB2 expert to
accomplish. We have DBA expertise here to answer any application- or
database-related questions, so that may suffice as on-site DB2 expertise.

So the question is: Is this something that a z/OS system programmer should be
able to accomplish with DBA assistance, or do we need to get a DB2 system
programmer to do the job? Additionally, how long should such an update take?

Mike Myers
z/OS System Programmer
Pitt County Memorial Hospital
Greenville, NC

The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be
privileged and may contain copyright material. You may only reproduce or
distribute material if you are expressly authorized by us to do so. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (and
any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender and immediately delete this e-mail and any copies of
it from your system.