On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 19:40 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:
> >FILTLIST EXTCLASS INCLUDE('SMSCOMP','SMSEXT')
>
> Why do you put the SMS prefix in the class names?
> We already know they are SMS constructs.

I've got a *really* simple setup here, a single Iceberg on a system
small enough that many of you folks would use it to initialize tapes.
Not bleeding edge, and not with a huge staff.  Our entire systems staff
is me (and I do some IDMS stuff too).

Test entries excluded, I've only got two data classes: NONSMS and
SMSxxx.  We're mostly SMS-managed nowadays, but I took my time walking
applications and users over, inch by inch, bit by bit.  Having "SMS" in
the class names was meaningful to me at the time, and because nobody
else sees them it's no big deal.  It's not like I have a namespace
issue, so I leave well enough alone.

Hey, you *did* ask!

--
David Andrews