On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Gilbert Cardenas wrote:

> We also resolved large allocations requests from DB2 as well as TMM tape
> requests which can get fairly high by filtering those datasets and assigning
> them a special dataclass as David suggested.
>
> As a sidebar, does anyone use anything higher than a mod 9 volume to allow
> for these higher allocation or large dataset requests?

Although we do not, I've read here about many who use -27 and -54 sized
volumes. Also, IBM has announced support for truly HUGE (100s of Gb)
volumes, with restrictions as to what can go on them. Seem to be targetted
at mainly DB2 VSAM files. Can not be used for "normal" files such as PS
and PDS.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: An EIN stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown