>  >I suggest a more reasonable explanation is that the application
>  >programmers *themselves* are avoiding IPCS!!!!
>  >
>  >> In any case, I've never been privileged to learn it or use it.
>  >>
>  >
>  >It's never too late! ;-)

Where there are perfectly adequate tools available (Abend Aid, Debug
Tool, Dump Master etc) there is also very little incentive to learn
IPCS.

To solve application abends (except for the most exotic ones) all you
need is a tool that helps you figure out where the abend occurred and
formats the application's  Working Storage areas in a format that is
easy to relate to a compile listing.