As far as I know the OAM MOVEVOL command is the only standard utility
provided to change the location of a set of objects but that is a move of
the objects not a copy.  It would be possible to write a program to query
the DB2 OAM tables and determine the names of the objects on the optical
volume and use the OSREQ macro to Retrieve the objects and Store them in a
different Storage Class or different Collection Name.  Since OAM manages the
optical storage I don't know that there is any way to control the volume
onto which the object is stored so in effect you could copy the objects but
you may not wind up actually copying everything from one volume to one new
volume.

So, it depends on your true requirement.  If you just want to remove an
optical disk and keep the objects, use MOVEVOL.  Otherwise look to the OSREQ
macro and write a program to do what you need.

Chuck Arney
illustro Systems International, LLC
http://www.illustro.com
Access 3270 data from anywhere with z/XML-Host
Access 3270 apps from the web with z/Web-Host
Access CMS minidisks from z/OS or z/VSE with CMSACCess
Voice: 214-800-8900 X#0562
Fax:   214-451-6394
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm
that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed. If you
are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using,
printing, copying, distributing or disseminating
this e-mail or any information contained in it.
We use reasonable measures to virus scan all E-mails leaving illustro but no
warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You
should ensure you have adequate measures in place for your own virus
checking.