In a message dated 4/17/2008 8:17:55 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I agree, but if r7 equates to 7 so as long as the first 7 bytes of the  user
key are equal it will work.

Long ago and far away I had a friend teaching an  IE(Industrial engineering
course) and the Department committee had selected a  text book mostly because
it had 'programming examples'  (mostly Fortran)  with a subroutine library.

So first assignment and he gets slammed 'cause  "everything blows up".
Anyway, long story short after debugging about half the  code. We figured it
had
only been tested on the exact case and not generalized  to different lengths or
values. It was a long  semester....

listings at AOL Autos.